Saturday 31 May 2008

Goodnight, now

Well, that’s it.

No more daily blogging. Doing it for a month has pretty much run me dry. Davidmarstonwrites from now on returns to its weekly schedule, although I may still pop up with the occasional three or four sentence tirade about the state of something or other, or some random thing I’ve just bumped into.

I’ve quite like the immediacy of it. Sometimes (like, indeed tonight) I haven’t known what I’m going to write until I’ve started. That in itself, is quite unusual for me. Usually it’s eighty percent in my head before I’ve put metaphorical pen to non-existent paper.

There’s an idea not just a need.

It was fun, but having to produce something every single day is actually surprisingly demanding (especially when I’m also trying to produce a couple of thousand words of fiction). I really don’t do that much which is interesting to people.

The oddest thing about it is that everything interesting that happens to me gets displayed to the wider world. I met my friends Stu and Clare for a drink last night, haven’t seen them since my birthday and we’re doing the whole catching up thing when Clare says “I can’t really ask you what you’ve been up to, because I already know. I’ve read it all.”

Normal service resumes Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment